travel

Sunday, February 10, 2013

And the theme is...

90's! Not at all what we thought it would be but I know we can come up with a great 90's costume for match day!

It seems all we talk or think about these days revolves around match day. We have been busy these last few weeks! Last weekend we took a trip to North Carolina to look at a couple of programs again. It's a good thing we did because that trip has drastically changed our rank list! Our rank list is in and waiting to be matched!

Dreary day but Duke is gorgeous! 
Cameron Indoor Stadium… tried to go to a game but they were away
We also took a side trip to Lululemon in Raleigh/Durham last weekend so that I could use my gift card! I bought a fantastic pair of yoga pants that I would wear everyday if I could! My new work attire might just have to be Lululemon. Since I don't have to buy work clothes anymore I can almost justify the cost!
War Eagle from Lululemon!
Another big step towards residency was made this week when we put our house up for sale! Yup that's right our very first home which we have been in almost four years is up for sale! It is crazy how time flies and that it is all starting to become a reality!

In order for the house to be ready to be put on the market I cleaned out every closet in our house. Let's just say on the morning of Chris's last interview we realized we had cleaned too much! Chris woke me up to inform me that he did not have a black belt! It's barely 6am so what are we supposed to do?! After searching high and low and texting friends who were awake, we found my old black belt from high school! You read it right high school! It fit and hubs wore it to his interview! 13 out of 14 interviews went off without a hitch yet the one that should have been the easiest was not!

My Belt!
Work is going great and I am so thankful I am finally truly enjoying what I do! The fact that I volunteered and am excited about overtime next week says a lot. As Chris said I now have some shopping money! I must remind myself in ten years, when Chris is making 10+ times as much as me now, what little money I make extra next week meant so much and to not take what we have for granted!

The craft side of me came out this week since I am now back to not working out. Luckily my new insurance covers PT so I am off to the doctor next week to find a way to fix my knee problems for good! It's so sad that I have been battling tendonitis for a year now. All I wanted to do this weekend was enjoy being outside and go work out like I love to do. Unfortunately I must be patient and trust that I will get better! Now I must find a new hobby. I have decided to try and learn how to sew again! I found a website online that offers free tutorials so I am going to attempt to make a tote bag! Check back next week to see how it turns out! Until then here's a sneak peek!




No comments:

Post a Comment